Friday 31 October 2008

Jetlag... ><

Eurgh... It's now 5:20 and I've been lying here, wide awake for the last hour or so... Just not sleeping... So yeah, probably jetlagged...

In this time I've been thinking. I've decided to move my furniture around in my room. It's basically just one big square. Looks something like this!
Photobucket

I also have a chair next to the desk and a lamp on the table and a fan next to the heater. The heater is the only thing as far as I can tell that's stuck to the wall... I can't work out how to use it either... All the instructions are in Japanese and the only buttons I could read were "morning" and "night"... But I had no idea what that meant in the grand scheme of things... the most I've got it to do is whirr a bit...

Anyway, I'm thinking of moving my bed up to the top left corner of the room, so the bedside table can actually be at my bedside and still have the lamp plugged in (the cable isn't long enough). Also, my bed is right next to the corridor at the moment, so whenever anyone walks downt the corridor it disturbs my sleep because it's a really echoy corridor. I'll then probably put the desk next to the door or the bottom left, so I can use the plugs without trailing wires across the path of anyone entering my room. I think I'll leave my cupboard where it is.
Once I've made my room all lovely and Faye-ified, I'll upload pictures.

The staff building is kinda like student accomidation. There's a shared kitchen, three showers, shared toilet, a living room of sorts, a laundry room and everyone has their own seperate bedroom both upstairs and downstairs. It has a very studenty feeling about it.

When I first arrived I just locked myself away in my room... Apparently all the staff were down the pub having a haloween party last night. I decided not to go because I was just too tired. I'd made the desicion to get a good nights sleep and meet everyone tomorrow.
So, I went downstairs to brush my teeth before I went to bed. Just as I was leaving I heard someone come in and was like "Dammit! I have to talk to people!" but I was so relieved when this girl said to me "Are you Faye?" and introduced herself... She was really nice. We're going to hang out tomorrow after she's finished work at 4... So, that's a lot of pressure off. Then, just as I was heading back to my room, talking to her... I'm pretty sure I met everyone else who works there all at once. I way can't remember everyone's names... They were all like "where have you been?!"... So... Yeah...
Everyone in the staff building is a teenager, which is good... I think the youngest is 18 and the oldest 25 or something... So I'm sure there will be a lot of fun.

Now I just need to decide whether to go back to bed and TRY to sleep or give up completely and just get on with my day... It's nearly 6am now... That's a perfectly acceptable time to wake up... Hm...